Media lynching rather than the rule of law? Causa Guttenberg shows: Publish more opinion than public opinion.
Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg has resigned from all political offices. A move that leaves a bitter taste in some way: to Guttenberg was and is an exceptional phenomenon in the political business, the vast majority of Germans - as proven by all the polls - appreciates him very much. And the vast majority of Germans were willing to forgive him a false step. Many were of the opinion "a bollocking would have been enough," as one blogger put it neatly. The media, however, were - tired of a different opinion, a huge campaign - with the exception of the Springer press the Minister.
receded into the background the fact that he - despite his faults - was a minister who gave the young soldiers in their hazardous areas of operation created a support to them in this manner never before experienced and not in the foreseeable future will learn more. The fact is that is none of the above names from the political retort in these footsteps with the troops can come.
This is a pity.
Our comrades in uniform have lost a minister, who took them and began working for the army seriously.
The campaign of the left opposition and published opinion has had success. A popular minister, perhaps even a "Wings", was overthrown. The trigger for it, he has given himself - but this was not necessary, already have many media, including the United Left block taken great care to scratch the image of the KTG. Had it not been for this campaign, then the next.
Perhaps this has little to do with the envy of success, which is cultivated in our country in so many ways. But perhaps even with a crude party politics, which wants to raze everything in this country and standardize and liberalism, democracy and modern conservatism are a thorn in the side.
It is the responsibility of the voters and sent to voters in elections whether they are satisfied with politicians and their work. And it is for the courts to judge whether a crime was committed. The Declaration of Human Rights, which I have already mentioned elsewhere , but applies equally to the media, the Fourth, but not necessarily legitimate democratic power in the state. You would be well advised to adhere to the constitutional principles they claim pompous other. barter
law against media lynching is the wrong way.
The Declaration of Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg in the text
"I was informed in a very friendly conversation, the Chancellor, that I will retire from my political posts and to my dismissal asked
It is the most painful step of my life
I him go not just because of my so bad thesis -... though I understand that this would be a cause for much of the science
The reason is in particular on the question of whether the highest I Claims, which I put on my own responsibility to comply, nor can. I wear until the hour of responsibility in a demanding office. Responsibility as possible demands undivided attention and error-free operation:
In view of the largest planned reform in its history, which I initiated with a view of a Bundeswehr crisp with great force in action, which to me intimately close to my heart.
However, if - as has happened in recent weeks - the public and media viewing almost exclusively on the person instead of Guttenberg and his dissertation, for example, on the death and wounding of 13 soldiers aims, so there is a dramatic shift of attention at the expense of those entrusted to me instead.
applies in reverse match for the fact that for weeks my action on the Gorch Fock seemed to overlay the world-shaking events in North Africa.
If it on the backs of soldiers, only to go to my person can answer, I no longer true.
And that's why I prefer - as the office, the Bundeswehr, the science and the parties supporting me in danger of damage - the consequence which I have asked others and would have required.
I, like everyone else are also, to my weaknesses and mistakes. To large and small in political action to writing my thesis. And I was always important not to hide from the public. Therefore, I sincerely apologize to all those who have hurt me because of my mistakes and failures and repeat this explicitly now.
Some may wonder why he would resign only today.
First, a possibly unsatisfactory for some, but all too human reason. No one will easily do much for lightly give up the office to the the whole heart and soul is. An office responsible for many people and whose life contains.
Add to this the fact that I did for a decision of this importance - had offered to take the time - beyond the media and opposition high clock frequency. Especially since operations are in question, were the years before I took office.
After those days was much discussion about decency, it was for me to wear just a question of decency first, the three soldiers who died with dignity to his grave and to superimpose their memory by not again debates about myself. It was also a requirement of responsibility to this, indeed to all soldiers.
And it should be, leaving a largely appointed House, which is why last week was again used excessive force to the next, crucial step towards reform, which can now be prepared for adoption by my successor well. The concept of reform is.
In view of massive allegations regarding my credibility, it is also a sincere concern to me to involve myself in the clarification of questions about my dissertation. First, to the University of Bayreuth, where I have to ask for withdrawal of the Dr. title already responded.
Second, I also respect those who want to see reviewed the operations also criminal law. It would therefore be in the public and I believe in my own interests, even if the prosecutor's inquiries about copyright issues regarding the lifting of parliamentary immunity - should it still be necessary - could be carried out promptly.
The tremendous force of the medial approach me - to which I have done much - but not the quality of the debate have no impact on myself and my family.
It is known that the mechanisms in political and media business can be destructive. Those who opt for politics is - if this is so - expect no mercy. I would not take to complete. I can not wait for the "respect" that will be accepting the resignation decisions so often.
Now they will say, perhaps, of Guttenberg is no match for the forces of politics. That may be or not. If I only could, when I changed my character, I would have to act just because of that.
I wholeheartedly thank the great majority of the German population, the many Members of the Union, my party leader and especially the soldiers who strengthened me until now the back as Federal Minister of Defence not to step back.
I especially thank the Chancellor for all experienced support, their confidence and understanding.
I am no longer possible, the expectations placed in me with all of my necessary degree of independence in its responsibilities to.
respect I give my opponents like to meet that I was actually not for self-defense, but appointed Minister of Defence.
Finally, a sentence that may be unusual for a politician:
I was always ready to fight, but I have reached the limits of my powers "
0 comments:
Post a Comment